To me there is nothing better than homemade soup. So when I tried a soup similar to this at my favourite local spot I just knew I had to try and recreate it. This recipe is so quick to whip up and awfully delicious.
Red Lentil Soup
1¼ cup red lentil (the dried split kind)
1 white onion - diced
2 large carrots - diced
3 large stems celery - diced (root area and leaves removed)
8 cups vegetable stock
1 tin of chopped Italian tomatoes
1 tsp olive oil
handful of coriander
salt and pepper
1) Prepare all the veg and have your stock ready in a jug
2) Sautee the diced veg in the olive oil until they are translucent (try not to let them brown)
3) Once translucent pour in the lentils and stir to coat them in the oil
4) Pour over the stock, season and bring to the boil. Add the tinned tomatoes.
5) Simmer for about 30mins or until the lentils are tender.
Toss in the coriander before serving. Enjoy during winter or summer...