Monday, 8 October 2012

TRAVEL: Mountain villages of Bolzano, Italy

Last year Mr.F and I took a trip to Italy to visit his family in Bolzano.
I absolutely LOVE Italy, besides the fact that I'm just a smidge biased, it is full of culture, history and passion. Not to mention all that gorgeous food and wine.

Bolzano is spectacular yet very different to the rest of Italy. It shares a border with Austria, so it is a melting pot of Italian and Austrian culture with residents speaking both Italian and German. It is also home to the majestic Dolomites and dozens of mountain villages...think rolling green fields and forests.

When I saw this field I had to hold myself back from singing "Heidi, Heidi".


Isn't it beautiful?!


The forests are just as stunning, look at the textures on this tree...


Wild raspberries anyone? They were the tiniest pops of the most delicious raspberry yumminess ever.


All the houses have beautiful gardens and flower boxes. As well as plenty of wood in the architecture.


There are some beautiful old buildings and churches that you cant help but to admire that they are sill there.



I loved this church with the towering Dolomites in the background. Although not the easiest to get to, Bolzano is definitely worth a visit if you are planning a trip to Italy.

XS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...