Monday, 15 October 2012

TRAVEL: Mozambique, Pansy Island

Have you ever gone to another country and felt like it was home? That place for me is Mozambique. It is the most humble and friendly country I have ever visited. And for me it holds a special place in my heart.

One of the things I loved about our Mozambique trip was visiting Pansy Island. Well its not really an island but more of a sand bank that only pokes out during low tide. The island is named after the millions of pansy shells that can be found all over the island.


How gorgeous is the sparkly sand! The only way to get to the island is by boat. This is how the locals do it...


It has such an unearthly feeling to it, almost like you are on the moon.


Love the barnacles...like little aliens.


If you ever have the chance to visit Mozam...make sure to pack a picnic basket (with some cold beers), hop on a boat and visit Pansy Island!

XS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...