There is something I have always wanted to make...granola. I love a good granola with fresh fruit and zingy yoghurt in the morning, but I feel that often the store bought varieties contain too much sugar and additives. And we all know homemade is better made! So here is my recipe for buckwheat and goji berry granola...
Buckwheat + Goji Berry Granola
- 2 cups buckwheat
- 2 cups oats (not the instant or flavoured kind)
- 1 cup goji berries
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup linseeds
- ½ cup almonds (chopped in pieces)
- 100ml honey (not pictured)
1) Start by soaking the buckwheat in water overnight. Simply place buckwheat in a container and cover with water. Once soaked, drain and rinse thoroughly in a sieve under running fresh water. Allow to drain while you measure the rest of the ingredients.
2) Preheat oven to 200°C and line a baking sheet with parchment.
3) Mix all the ingredients except the honey in a large bowl. Spoon mix onto the lined baking sheet and spread out to create a flat layer.
4) Drizzle generously with the honey. Pop in the oven and bake for 20 - 30 mins (cooking times may vary depending on your oven).
5) Once baked golden and crunchy remove tray from oven and allow to cool completely before storing your granola in a mason jar or airtight container.
*Tip: Make sure to keep an eye on your granola so that it doesn't burn. Also do a little taste test now and again to check that the buckwheat is nice and crunchy.
This crunchy mix is great served with nectarines or peaches and a healthy dollop of full-cream plain or greek yoghurt. Plus an extra drizzle of honey couldn't hurt right?!