These little babies are buttery flaky yumminess filled with oozy strawberry fruitiness.
- 16 - 20 strawberries (depending on size)
- 6 tsps berry jam (I used red current and raspberry)
- 1 roll puff pastry (fully defrosted)
- 1 egg
- flour for dusting
- icing sugar for dusting
2) Roll out pastry onto a sheet of parchment pre-dusted with flour. This will make it easier to move your parcels plus make it easier to clean up...bonus. Make sure to fix any tears in the pastry.
*Tip: Don't have a rolling pin? Wrap a wine bottle in cling film and dust with flour. Works great.
3) Cut the rolled out sheet into 6 squares.
4) Put a teaspoon of jam in the middle of each square. Spread the jam into a thin layer over the pastry leaving a 15cm boarder. Now place the strawberries on top of the jam on one half of each square keeping your boarder. Sprinkle a little icing sugar over the strawberries.
5) Whisk the egg and brush the egg along the edges of each square. Taking each square fold the side without strawberries over the other, forming a rectangle. Press down the edges to seal your parcels.
6) Move your parcels from the parchment and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Brush the rest of the whisked egg over each parcel. Then pierce the top of each one with 4 little holes to allow trapped air to release during baking...this will help prevent your pillows from bursting in the oven.
7) Place in the oven for 25 - 30mins or until the pastry is puffy and golden. Once baked remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly. Dust with icing sugar and serve warm.
These pillows are a great breakfast treat. Hope you enjoy...