Monday, 5 November 2012

TRAVEL: Holland

Last week I mentioned a trip that I shared with my grandparents for my 21st. The main part of our trip was a month around Holland, literally around Holland. We rented a car and drove the country flat. Here are my key memories of our trip to my ancestral country...

The quintessential dutch icon...windmills.


The second icon...cheese, lots and lots of cheese.


Holland's main form of transport...bicycles.


A dutch landmark, Madurodam or mini Holland. The whole of Holland made in miniature models, with  the finest attention to detail. Yes that is all a mini scale model...amazing right?!


I fell in love with this stocky draft horse at an outdoor museum.


Holland is an amazing place with fantastic people, one post just cannot capture it all. When in Europe visit Holland, it is more than worth it. Do I need to mention the cheese again?!

XS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...