Friday, 9 November 2012

WEDDING: Modern Farm Style Invite Suite

A while back I mentioned that Mr. F and I are getting married and posted a snippet of one of the components of our invite suite. As promised here is a closer look at the suite I designed for our summer farm wedding.


Along with the main invite card we included a map card and RSVP card. Plus an addressed and stamped envelope for our guests to use to send their RSVP's back to us.


We put together a booklet called "The Whole Story", with the story of how we met, as well as wedding day details and a comprehensive list of accommodation close to the venue. Great for the out of town guests who don't know the area.


One of my favourite components is this balsa wood fridge magnet we made to remind guests of the big day. They are really easy to make and super cute. Simply use some wooden disks, carve a stamp using lino, stamp away using acrylic paint (I used wall paint) and stick a magnet on the back...done. Cute right?!


All the components were bundled up and tied together using the bakers twine and clay hearts. The bundles were then set in boxes and wrapped closed with an address label.


Here are all the little bundles laid out waiting to be homed...50 odd in total.


I loved designing and making our own invites, they feel special and unique to us. Plus I am ecstatic with how they turned out.

Hope you enjoyed the peek.

XS

9 comments:

Keeli {Cellar Window} said...

Wow, those are so gorgeous and unique! I plan on creating my own invitations and wedding "stationary" as well and this just affirms that it is possible! Thanks. :)

Stephanie said...

Thanks Keeli! Trust me it is so rewarding doing your own stationary and your guests will love the unique touch. Have fun doing them, I'd love to see pics XS

Anonymous said...

Love these!! What program did you use to create them?

Sarab said...

These are amazing! How did you figure out a design like this? Where was your cardstock from? We're DIY too, and you're my inspiration!

Stephanie said...

Anonymous..Thank you so much! I used Adobe Illustrator for the layout because I have it. I also used a free program called Inkscape to create the boarders.

Stephanie said...

Sarab...I am so glad that I have inspired you! As for the design I looked at a lot of wedding blogs and shops like Minted for inspiration. I then sat down and decided on how to best represent our theme and how to include the elements I loved from other invites I had seen. As for the cardstock, its basic kraft board that I bought from our local arts and crafts store. Hope this helps!

Green Villa Barn & Gardens said...

Wow! These are beyond gorgeous! Great job!

Tana said...

This is absolutely amazingly perfect!! I would love to create my own. You've inspired me! Did Adobe Illustrator help you figure out dimensions? I have Photoshop, but not sure what dimenions I would have to plug in.

Stephanie Lazzarotto said...

Hi Tana...I'm so excited that you are going to give creating your invites a go, it is such a fun process! As for the sizes I decided to look for the box I wanted to send them in first. I bought the boxes and then measured the INSIDE of the box to get an idea of the maximum size and then subtracted 5mm each side to ensure it fit (i.e if the size was for example 200mm x 120mm it became 180mm x100mm). I suggest you cut a sample out of plain card stock to test, once your card fits use those measurements in photoshop to determine your "canvas" size. I hope this helps...if you need more advice just shout XS ( p.s: I would love to see a pic of your final product)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...