I have made quite a few yummy treats for the blog since it started in October last year. Sometimes they don't really turn out how I imagined and then sometimes I get a day like today when something turns out deliciously heavenly. These simple little twist are just that heavenly. Flaky butter pastry with the crunch of oven caramelised sugar and cinnamon. Here's how to whip up a little heaven in your kitchen with only three ingredients...
Cinnamon + Sugar Twists
- 250g all-butter puff pastry
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
1) Preheat your oven to 180˚C. Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment.
2) Measure out your sugar and cinnamon into a bowl. Mix the two together thoroughly so it resembles brown sugar.
3) Sprinkle half of your sugar mix onto your work surface. Make sure you create an even layer in a square shape like below.
4) Place your pastry on top and sprinkle the remainder of the sugar mix on top.
*Side note: I used store bought pastry that already comes rolled out in a square shape. If you are using homemade pastry be sure to roll it out first and then trim it to be more square shaped.
5) Now lightly roll your dough with a rolling pin. This will help the sugar to stick to the dough.
6) Cut your dough into 8 rectangles.
7) Now take each rectangle and twist them.
They should look something like this:
8) Place your twists onto your prepared baking sheet and place in the oven. Bake for 25-30 mins depending on your oven. You will know they ready when they are firm to the touch and golden. When they are done allow them to cool slightly before serving.
Enjoy fresh out the oven with a nice strong coffee...yum!
P.S: Don't you think my rolling pin is much prettier than the last one? Thanks Gran!